Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Four more things

to love about Portland.

1) Amazing woo woo energy healing massage person who made me feel more aligned and open than I have in a very long time. I *felt* energy whooshing out my ears at the end. Very very strange thing.

2) Sushi Land, with little conveyor belts of tiny little coded-for-price sushi selections whooshing past that you just snatch and eat. Had inari, salmon nigiri, edamame, kappa maki and unagi for $6. Loved that the fellow munchers included students, yoga-ists and cops on their lunch hour.

3) I got carded ordering a Corona at Chipotle the other night.

4) No sales tax.

It's a good place :-).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are many things I would do for a conveyor belt of sushi to pass by me on a regular basis....

Anonymous said...

SUSHI LAND! I can't believe I've never been.

katie's brain said...

Oh no, I read the first part of Huck's comment as "there are so many things I would DO on a conveyor belt..."

I need glasses.

Anonymous said...

There is a place near my parents that has a little canal with flat boats on it and the sushi cooks load up the little boats. They go around in circles and the patrons grab what they want to eat. They charge by the number of plates you empty.

YUM

Anonymous said...

I've heard about this canal boat sushi place in Vancouver. Is that where Grace's parents live? We were walking there but passed it and were too hungry to go back and ate someplace else.

And there are indeed many things I would at least *try* on a conveyor belt, other than sushi ((-;