Thursday, August 31, 2006

Gertie and Hope

Two things happened today I would not have anticipated when I woke up.

I found myself toting a ball python named Gertie around in my car in a tupperware container. (She woke UP while I was moving her -- that was a bit unnerving -- but she didn't push the lid off her little box, and it was all GOOD). And, was glad to help Mary and Sarah move into their house, their first "real" place chosen together. They're happy and warm together, and it makes me feel content for them. (And, apparently I'm still enough of a dyke to get into the zen of helping people move :-)).

And my wonderful sister S came over for sushi, sistertalk, a viewing of the final eppy of Arrested Development, and a leeeetle too much wine/beer. And one of HER pieces of news was of my ghost niece Hope, who was born a week or two ago, biochild of S's eggs and generosity of spirit.

Pretty miraculous, this birth, and miraculous the way S and I can hang out, and how much wisdom about living in the space of porousness I gain from her. Am grateful to have her in my life.

The other tedious stuff like the crashed computer? It just recedes. I'm outside the scripts, writing stories, and grateful to have people like Stef alongside me, finishing the sentences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connections have always been important to me, and yet they still always surprise me in how much they mean, how different I feel inside them. Nice that you have that with your sister.

Boo said...

Eek on the snake. No snakes in the Muthafuckin car!