Saturday, February 17, 2007

Impulsive me

Marched on out and bought myself a new macbook today. Mac #7, starting with the SE back in 1988. Was thinking about my classic with the 2 megs of ram. Heh. This one: 13.3 inches, 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs ram, 80 gig harddrive. It's PRETTY and SHINY and makes me very HAPPY. And I don't have to write the letters on the keys with a sharpie when someone else wants to use it :-).

It has this silly photobooth thing. Maybe I'll start reading my niece stories online :-). Like I don't have enough distractions...



I'll miss my little 12 inch ibook -- I had a lot of intimacy with it, watching lots of movies on my chest in bed, emailing and chatting late at night from under my covers, conducting so much of my "courtship" with N, writing some serious papers, practically being able to shove it in my pocket. This one is fancy, but not quite as vin ordinaire as the other. As soon as I can migrate all the data, that one will continue to live a useful life (until it inevitably abruptly dies, judging by its sporadic recent behaviour) in the hands of my ex, who will be much much MUCH less abusive of it. I'll have to write the letters on the keys, though -- with a permanent marker.

No comments: