Thursday, February 14, 2008

Back home in the suburbs

Again, trapped at home in roc while shower guy was supposed to come back with the door, and the heating guy was supposed to come and bleed the pipes. Instead, shower door guy calls first thing to tell me the custom door is AWOL, no idea where or when it will arrive, and Eliot the relatively hot plumber guy announces that there's a CO leak in the basement and the boiler needs replacing. "I kinda fixed the seals, but you guys get yourselves a CO detector and put it above the boiler until you replace it -- RG&E would red tag it, but hey, just crack a window."

They're tough out here in the suburbs of western new york.

So I need to remind F to get another CO detector on the way home.

M IMed me that he was going to buy his wife flowers. "Get her a CO detector," I said, " Nothing says I love you like a CO detector." "Yeah," he said. "I love you like a deadly odorless gas."

No comments: