Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bruxism

Teeth clenching. I've been doing that for at least 3 or 4 years, culminating in biting one of my own molars right off when Kat offered me watermelon gum while I was contemplating buying Jinx BeGone Potion in one of the rickety little stores in our neighbourhood at xmas. Now I'm in the middle of tedious dental work and I am still. clenching, literally and metaphorically.

Finally got all of the feedback from my committee, and trying to assimilate it all and integrate it in a meaningful way to do a revision to my Giant Document is just... hard. Some of it is conflicting, and I can't settle on a context. Some of it is in the realm of "do this to please my committee," some of it is "what do I absolutely have to do to get to the FOR stage," some of it is "how will my Famous Guy external read this, how do I improve it for him?" -- and some of it is, "this is my WORK, this is what matters, and I don't know how to assess it."

And I'm deep in another angstful round of "what exactly happens NEXT." Swirling emotions, displacement onto sock knitting and fretting and roasting chickens, as I move words around and bite off my own teeth.

No comments: