Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Running on the Beach



I'm not sure how these will show up, but the horses through the fog on the beach on Saturday were just magical. (Why is fog *always* magical, except when you're driving in it?)

I'm wishing I were riding my horse on the beach -- and I don't even particularly like horses. Was just doing inventory of the projects on my plate right now.

- two BIG multi-month programs to do development work with teams and groups in two different hospitals, just starting, with D
- one BIG multi-month program on my own, in a different hospital, in partnership with a client
- 2 papers I have to lead the writing on that we've all ignored for MONTHS about work we did last year; in a group that can never get its shit together (unpaid, the joy is in the publishing)
- a course we're developing that is still in an ambiguous state; paid lower-than-usual rate
- possibility of a research project with a university out west that won't pay me nearly enough but will be a grand networking thing
- trying to develop a grant proposal and attract funding in collaboration with someone from new england that I have to basically develop from scratch, including finding a research site, preferrably in seattle
- one day thing that I'm getting paid very little for that I agreed to do as a favour and which is taking up WAY too much of my time, scheduled for friday
- another 2 possible grants to develop also related to the health care work; development is unpaid;
- overseeing the implementation of a multi-site coordinated care project that we got a grant for months ago, in one of the previously mentioned hospitals

Hm. I think that's it. Why does it seem so overwhelming?

Oh yeah, the orphans. Might go to Uganda in November.

Where's my horse?

No comments: