Thursday, October 02, 2008

Mega Penis

The phrase book I had for germany -- the Rick Steeves one -- likes to mix it up a little. Doctor, I have a problem with my eye/my hip/my wife. This hotel room is too small/has bugs/has too many prostitutes.

F and I had fun parsing this with the few german phrases I know -- Das Freundenmachen ist zu schmutzig. (This prostitute is too dirty!). Ich moche ein bessere freundenmachen. (I would like a better prostitute). Etc.

I did NOT, however, learn how to say "this hotel has too many prostitutes in Danish.

And actually, this hotel does. It shares a building and a street corner with a LIVE! NON-STOP! SEX SHOW! FIlled with TOPLESS LADIES! (And, judging by my peek inside, insidiously drunk young men).

I went for a stroll and discovered you can buy MEGA PENIS! and that there is a BOYS! convenience store. Also a lot of kebab houses, a few nice-looking bars and cafés and a SPUNK BAR, which, I'm guessing, is not a place to celebrate Sarah Palin and other sprightly women, but for nice boys to meet each other for a hot chocolate or something.

Even in my new italian boots I feel pretty staid.

No comments: