Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Freecycled fragments

As I look for my own new narratives, I have a steady stream of novels-in-one-sentence pouring into my in-box through freecycle.

A story of spiritual quest and abandonment:

OFFER: Bible Study Materials
These must go as one lot. Will wait 24 hours before gifting. Please do not respond if you don't intend to pick up or at least contact me if plans change. Thank you. CDs: Putting up With Each Other; Self-Guided Bible Study; How the World Will End According to the Bible. Books: Jesus The One And Only; Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; Eve and Rehab; Divine Plan of the Ages


A tale of attempted transformation and hard-fought retreat:

I have one box of Nicoderm Transdermal stop smoking patches for Stage 3. The package is unopened, but the box has been kinda beat up. Pickup only near Bay & Wellesley.


A yearning for vicarious talent:

WANTED: I would like my sister to learn the flute and she can't afford one... would love to give her a flute for her birthday, if you have one you are not using -- would consider it also as a loan for her to try out and would return if you like. Thanks!!

Threads of connection, possibility, new lamps for old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Nicoderm freecycle. I wonder if I would even make the trip to pick it up.

At one point in my life, I would have made the trip for free ovulation detectors and pregnancy tests. I wonder if those ever show up.

CateC said...

Heh, no prescription drugs allowed, but the nicoderm was snapped up within a couple of hours.

Shortly after I posted this, someone posted a Ninja suit, worn once.