Friday, April 04, 2008

Sheepish

I knit a scarf. Actually, I knit two scarves. First I made this scarf, but in different colours, which reacquainted me with knitting in ribs. It was for F. Unfortunately the only picture I have of it is him wearing it as we crawled around crazy ice formations at the lake a couple of weeks ago -- and he's shy about having his picture posted on my blog.

Then I made this scarf, which taught me basket weave.



I like it. In between all of this knitting and obsessive reading of knitting blogs, I have been writing my ass off, doing some gnashing of teeth, and trying to see the clear threadline. I finished a more or less draft of my diss, and got good feedback on it, and have some rewriting and tightening and locating to do. I am off to Anaheim on sunday, though, for Linda's FOR, so have been doing sketching and not really writing until I get back. Will spend time celebrating Linda's achievements... and ... we're going to disneyland. Really.

I'll report back from the other side of the Pirates of the Caribbean.

1 comment:

katherine said...

Hahaha. So you DID give him the scarf after all.... ;)