Friday, March 14, 2008

Braindead wordcount

I'm at the point where I can't even watch dvds I haven't seen before -- tracking who all the characters are in Rome or season 1 of Buffy -- which I've never watched and had season 1 sitting on my shelf for a year now, since Renee sent it to me for my birthday last year -- seems like Too Much Effort. Still striving to get something that is ALMOST a draft of this bloody dissertation to bp by the end of this weekend. Will still be short the lit review chapter that I have to spend a couple of days on and the discussion chapter, but the bulk of the writing and christmas pudding of an analysis will be done.

Current wordcount:

chap 1: 2940
chap 2: (lit review)
chap 3: 5300
chap 4: 10907
chap 5: 16337
chap 6: 18301
chap 7: 1205
chap 8: (discussion)
chap 9: (conclusion)

seems like a lot of bloody words. Have to finish chapter 7 tomorrow, review the bits all done with feedback to date, and send it off to my chair. Then write the other bits.

Yeah, that's it.

You know, when I was in the library this morning I had all these brilliant blogging thoughts, but can't begin to remember now what I was even thinking about. This is very draining and I'm a complete and utter klutz -- I cut my knuckle opening a bottle of cheap merlot, and my ass still hurts where I slipped on my clean floor on wednesday night. But I took a few hours off yesterday afternoon and went here:

http://www.bodyblitzspa.com/

It was BLISSFUL. I did the water circuit thing for more than an hour, and steamed and soaked and salted and sweated and showered and steamed, then I had a "body bake" where a nice quiet compliant woman covered me in "glacial seaweed mud" (such bullshit -- um, where is this seaweed-ridden glacier?) and baked me under hot lights and hosed me off like a beached fish. It was amazing.

I'm usually not great at completely giving myself up to this sort of thing, but I just let my brain drain away yesterday -- it was completely, utterly worth it.

2 comments:

Debs said...

Good luck, Cate! That spa looks really relaxing.

Spidertattoo said...

I went there yesterday for the first time and I loved it :-)

Diane