Thursday, November 09, 2006

'awrence

I just got an email from my ex, who is on a tour to Egypt and Jordan.

Apparently she got lost in the desert where they filmed Lawrence of Arabia (she loves that movie, btw): "It was the most stunning part of the trip. Unfortunately I got lost when the sun set more quickly then I expected but I simply found a rock to sit on and watched the moon rise. I figured as soon as they missed me for dinner they would come looking. Every couple of minutes I would give a shout hello and turn my flashlight on. I was actually found by another Bedouin guide who insisted on giving me a welcome tea while he called my guys on his cell to come and get me. It was actually very peaceful and I would go back there in a minute. The bad news was my camera did not like all of the sand and it is now frozen open. (grrr) I will have to try and get it fixed in Amman."

Makes my visit to Ideal on Augusta with Kat to inject more espresso into my veins while I further fucked the dog and ignored my work a little um unremarkable.

Off to Trinity library.

1 comment:

katherine said...

hello? uneventful??? i am offended. lol

okay, so the best part of this one was picturing the bedouin guide: swathed in a wrap, protecting his weather beaten, wet sand-coloured skin and unusual blue eyes peering down at me with great concern as i open my parched, desert-dried mouth...he leans over and....flips open his cell phone??!! ahahaha... something about this not quite right