Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Private Conversation

Good lord. I have been secretly moaning to myself for weeks now that no one EVER COMMENTS ON MY BLOG, and wondering why on earth my site counter shows that people actually READ it, but no one ever seems to have anything to SAY, so I've been all paranoid and self-loathing and feeling like I'm talking to myself... and then my sis twigged me that J had posted something, but it wasn't showing up, so I futzed with my settings and I'd clearly fucked SOMETHING up because I had about 40 or 50 unpublished comments, just waiting for me to "approve" them -- and yet, I hadn't remembered requiring approval at any point.

(Although, come to think of it, I was getting annoying spam comments, and must have done something to block that without realizing that I was causing all of the voices to just pile up in one little sealed off room).

What a treat, flicking through all of this, what a sigh of relief that I'm not blithering into a vacuum :-).

5 comments:

S & M said...

There's a site counter?

CateC said...

Heh. you have to download it.

S & M said...

Oh. You know, come to think of it, nobody comments on my blog either. But I don't take it personally because I think only about 5 people even know I have a blog. And they all got tired of checking and then yelling at me for not blogging enough.

Apparently, I mostly just like the sound of my own words reverberating into the ether.

Boo said...

Wow - you can leave comments on these new fangled things?!

Spidertattoo said...

Here I thought my comments had disappeared into the ether like so many single socks in the wash ;-P

(And I do read your blog, my friend :-)