Monday, December 04, 2006

Propping eyelids open

Had a lovely rich demi-weekend with F. Art, coffee, books, food, talk, us. Navigated various tasks this morning that threatened to chomp up my entire day after F left at an inhumane hour. Finally wrested myself away to the library where the undergrads were, for a change, not in serious, nerve-grating need of kleenex. Quiet, productive, deep dimensions of thought, and I'm written out. If I could have another 75 or so days like this, I'd actually get this thing done.

All I can do is cut and paste. Random words from my clipboard:

Acknowledgement of diverse perspectives is a requisite part of any researcher’s ability to form a robust analysis and interpretation within this realm of scholarship. Multiple interpretations and internal contradictions are core aspects of Bishop and Yardley’s scrutiny of their research question, and are cleanly laid out and interpreted as illustrative of the agentic dilemma facing people with cancer: they are always navigating between autonomous self and passive patient, negotiating contexts that enable or limit those different versions of who they can be. The contradictions within the accounts given of treatment choices are seen as conversational strategies for managing this dilemma.

No comments: