Sunday, December 10, 2006

Reciprocity

Numbers: 600 km covered thursday and friday for 12 hours with N, 72 mph in a 55 mph zone on the 290 that resulted in a 4 pt ticket. Apparently NY state and ON have reciprocal agreements, so unlike my one previous speeding ticket ever, in Ohio in February 1997 when T and I were on our way to Kent State, I can't just hand over the visa and wash my hands of it. Simpler times, those were, when I was tickled that Mr. State Trooper had a visa sliding thingy in his patrol car.

Configurations: had dinner last night at J&S', a little "welcome to TO" party for Modo, who is finally moving here from Iqaluit. My people, my chosen family, expanding, reciprocal. A-my-ex there with her current gf (who is sweet, smart, funny, charming), modo with her new gf, me with my friend S, B&E and J&S in their reconfigured family life that seems just right. Friends embedded, lives entwined, circuits resetting in warm ways.

Reinstall: successfully held breath and clicked "erase and reinstall" on my ibook, and managed to get it back in running order. Migrated the contents to the imac first, and as far as I can tell, lost nothing. After a lot of fussing, managed to get the airport reset (what the heck WAS the password??) and get both the imac and the ibook back on line, wirelessly and ethernettily as needed. V. proud of self.

Now taking hermit sunday self out into the world. Jammies still on at 3:36. Perfect day.

1 comment:

chantilly said...

cate, just wanted to say how very, very much I enjoy reading your blog entries. They always give me something to think about and it's nice having a little window (other than Habitat) into your life. Thank you so much for sharing....it's much appreciated.

chanty