Monday, March 13, 2006

Coffee spoons

Is it still Monday? My days are losing form and shape. Life this week would be a *lot* easier if I didn't have any client work on my plate -- I'm not quite sure how it happened that instead of sauntering into this new life slow-made fair-trade americano in hand, I'm feverishly organizing the online CMM seminar and pounding out client docs and juggling conversations for (counting on fingers) 3 clients, 6 different projects, plus several new biz possibilities. I guess it pays for the excessive spending I'm doing on luxuries like a little dolly for ferrying crap from my car to my loft, a tarp to hide the crap in my storage locker, a drying rack, a blow up bed for the guests I won't make sleep in the hidey hole, etc.

Money is draining out of my socks this week....

* $575.29 for the flight to Houston I booked last night for spring research at the end of April, $260US for the tuition for that week, $300US for the hotel.

* $461 at canadian tire for the aforementioned luxuries, the pile of which almost garroted me in the car

* $401 for paint at the Paint Store of Friendly, Competent dykes

* $15.75 to buy me and my ex yam and chicken burritos for dinner, after she limped up the ladder to unscrew my weird curtain hardware I couldn't reach

Barbara's made a lot of progress on the painting, and I'm delighted to discover that I *like* the colours I picked -- the red is striking and the green is not mucky as I feared it might be.

Other things I've discovered about my neighbourhood: I will never want for weed or street-piped reggae. The coffee is painstakingly made by improbably young women but extremely good. It's sort of shanghai meets haight-ashbury, and I'm wondering if I'll start to look more esoteric just by osmosis. My blundstones are looking stodgy.

I am plumb tuckered out, and have a ton more client stuff in the morning. And then Jeremy the electrician, who will, I hope, help me figure out why the previous owner had ceiling fixtures plugged into outlets near the floor.

No comments: