Thursday, March 23, 2006

Things I can do in my neighbourhood

...without really having to put a coat on.

1. Get coffee. Lots of terrific, fair trade, well made coffee. Coffee that had me bright eyed and bushy tailed at midnight last night.

2. Buy 100 g of jellybeans for $0.69.

3. Get a delicious lunch of any of the following: chicken and yam burrito; vegan asian noodle soup; herbivorous salads and tempeh sandwiches; pick-your-own-components high end rice/organic stir fry; baked goods of all denominations; empanadas; humitas. That's just what I've tried so far.

4. Buy gorgeous flowers and plants from two friendly women right beneath me.

5. Buy vintage clothes of every possible imagining.

6. Buy Radical Uprising books and political paraphrenalia.

7. Support any number of highly diverse panhandlers.

8. Cruise boys or girls.

9. Organize community events.

10. Acquire smoking paraphrenalia and companions.

11. Buy goat meat (refrigerated!)

12. Buy fresh fish.

13. Buy chinese herbs.

14. Buy indian herbal remedies.

And...fruits, veggies, army salvage, crackers, dishes, art supplies, old furniture... etc. All in my block.

It's really quite remarkable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love goat meat.

That is all.

CateC said...

Well there're *several* options for goat meat chez moi :-).

Anonymous said...

"Refrigerated" is so key. You'll wish for the same with the fish, once May rolls along. Ice is nice, but...

CateC said...

Ha!

Knickers, too. I can buy knickers.