Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Trudging through the meatballs

... spent the day driving around and spending money, and am very ready to do something OTHER than this...but my place is starting to take shape. I took my camera with me to get "mid-painting" pic but I can't find the camera now -- I think it's in the box with the electric three hole punch my mother thought would make a good xmas gift a couple of years ago (bizarrely, it did) and the iron. Hope it's not being leaked on. I'm coming apart at the edges. Or at least my sense of order is.

It was march break at ikea today. I'm grateful that ikea with kids in tow doesn't constitute a "pleasant way to break up the day" for me. I cut quite a swathe, though, with my 5 bookcases, shoe rack, bedside table, cd tower and raw wooden shelf thing for my storage locker. (Took three trips through the cash -- I know my pushing-in-a-straight-line weight limits). Hope the wooden shelf thing is still there tomorrow, since I didn't have time to root through my Cdn tire bags and find the lock I bought for the locker. So many little tasks to do, like draping the cage locker in a tarp so no one can see inside and be overwhelmed with the urge to smash in and steal my old hiking boots.

I borrowed B's car, and managed to do the mammoth ikea trip *and* the chrome shelves for the office, so I won't need it again for a bit. This is good because my floor is now piled high with flat boxes and things that need assembling before I can actually move anything in.

I met a few more neighbours. They're all quirky and friendly. There's a dog across the hall named Cecil Beaton, but he goes by Cecil. (I know his name but not his person's). This is all good.

Later: I've had this hive-y rash since sunday, and it finally occurred to me that it might not be an allergic reaction. Described it to my friend Beth's doc bf, who confirms that's it's probably shingles. Ugh. I've had this before, and this is a mild version, but it underlines the low level buzz of anxiety. I'm longing for the deep, sustained, luxurious sleep I used to have at the cottage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Such progress you've made in 5 days that I've been gone. Paint and toasters and wads of money out the door. :) I'm sorry you're feeling stressed and sleepless.

CateC said...

Thanks, you... funny, i was saying that I feel *stressed* but not unhappy -- pulled in a lot of directions and feeling the weight of that, but managing it okay. The wheels don't stop turning when I sleep, though, and i guess that's what's showing up in my body... it's all good ;-).