Friday, March 24, 2006

Three good things

about yesterday...

1) I finished a draft of the strategy my bank client has been yammering for.
2) Ann Walker sent me flowers. I haven't even seen her for over a year, but we've been emailing about maybe having lunch, and I did send her a happy birthday email the other day. The flower guy had called to say "I have a delivery, will you be home?" and I couldn't imagine who might have sent them. She was not even on the radar. Very unexpected and lovely.
3) D and I went to La Palette for dinner. We started out saying "let's go for pho," and then wandered a bit and ended up at the bistro that has spectacular beer and lots of game (including horse). We had wine, bison dumplings for an app, and I had steak frites with asparagus. D had sole wrapped in banana leaf with a chickpea stew. Then we had a trio of tiny creme brulees. It was lovely and I feel more human today.

Off to more crammed client stuff, with my weekend stretching out joyfully empty before me, after tonight's dinner party at L's. She's invited the "lonely phds" she knows and their partners. And me, a lonely half-ph who can't even remember what I'm doing. It should be good regrounding. I'm supposed to bring dessert. I *know* I'll forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who's Ann Walker?